Nature Cabin Double-Défi
Located on site # 1 in the Village des Bâtisseurs. Built at the foot of the Montagne du Diable, on the shores of Lake de la Montagne, the Double-Défi cabin is identical to its neighbour, the Bouchard cabin. It was built in September 2013. This incomparable nature cabin is part of the Village des Bâtisseurs in the Montagne du Diable Regional Park. It’s the perfect spot for a novice hiker or for young families, as it is situated within easy walking distance from the parking lot.
New for this cabin : for your comfort and convenience we’ve added a refrigerator, an induction cook top, a water fountain and a small toaster oven.
This wood cabin can sleep up to 10 guests as well as letting groups arrive late or leave early if desired. Park your car in the Bâtisseurs’ parking lot and within a short distance you’ll find yourself in an enchanting natural setting. This nature cabin has 2 separate bedrooms and a loft for maximum comfort. From here you are steps away from the beginning of all the hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, biking and fat biking trails, as well as have easy access for canoeing and kayaking (mandatory daily access fees). Countless activities await!
- Arrival time: 1 pm
- Departure time: 11 am
- No dogs allowed
- Capacity: 10 guests
|Rates (taxes not included)||Price|
|Price per night for 4 people *||170,00$|
|Additional guests (max. 10 people for this cabin) :|
|Additional adult *||35,00$|
|Additional child 6 to 18 yrs old||17,50$|
|Additional child 5 yrs and under||Free|
Minimum 2 nights required for booking
*If you are not a member, you will need to add Park access fees for all adults in your group (6,96$ +tx/adult/night - free for 18 yrs and under).
For all reservations, a barbecue (+ propane) is available free of charge
- Kitchen with fridge, induction hob, small toaster oven, coffee maker (reusable filter)
- Potable water
- Induction pots and pans
- Dishes and utensils
- Full bathroom (shower, toilet, sink)
- Hot water / cold water
- Biodegradable dish soap
- Tables and benches
- A few logs (extra wood available $)
- Broom and mop
- 2 bedrooms with 1 double bed and two single beds per bedroom and 3 single mattresses on the mezzanine
- Space provided for campfire outside (wood available $)
- Sled or cart to transport your luggage to your nature chalet
- BBQ and propane in the summer season
- Laundry room with washer and dryer at the Welcome Pavilion ($) – bring your own products
Before arriving at the Park
- Make sure you have no symptoms or have not been in contact with people who have symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, dry cough, fatigue, difficulty breathing, etc.).
- Remember that dogs are not allowed in the nature cabin except St-Pierre nature cabin on site 2 ($) and Houle tinyhouse located in Lake and windigo falls sector ($).
- Sufficient food
- A hydro-alcoholic solution or hand sanitizer
- All our cabins are carefully disinfected after each use. However, if you want to do more, you can bring your disinfectant solutions.
- A face covering
- A first aid kit
- Sleeping bag (and pillow for those who like comfort…). No rental possibilities.
- Towels, washcloths, soap
- A tablecloth
- $1 coins for accommodations that do not have a shower (2 people maximum at a time in the bathrooms of the Léopold-Papineau Pavilion)
- Flashlight or headlamp with a spare battery
- If you want to do activities, we encourage you to bring your own equipment.
Rental equipment for the cabin
Rules and regulations
The cabins are inspected on regular basis. Any damage or deterioration inflicted to the cabins will be brought to the attention of the guest who will ultimately assume the repair cost. All trash generated by a guests’ stay should be taken off the mountain to respect our “leave no trace” policy. It’s also important to separate your recyclables from your trash.
The Regional Park Montagne du Diable will not, in any case, be held responsible for possible thefts in the cabins (it is therefore recommended to always lock the cabin before leaving).The Regional Park Montagne du Diable will not be responsible for the guests’ cabin keys. In the event that a guest forgets to return the keys, it is his or her responsibility to cover the cost of returning the keys or pay the appropriate fine. The same policy applies to lost keys as well.
If a guest accepts to transfer their photos to our image bank (photo gallery) at the end of their visit, he or she is accepting that the Regional Park Montagne du Diable can use the photos for commercial purposes without compensation on the part of the Park Regional Montagne du Diable.
It is prohibited to make a fire or to smoke in the forest as well as outside the cabins except for the predetermined places to this effect.
It is prohibited to pick or destroy all natural elements as well as approach or touch any wild animal.