Modern and symbolic
Created as a unique and original construction in order to symbolize man’s relation with the forest, the pavilion is sheltered, cosy and welcoming. It’s a gathering place for outdoor enthusiasts to exchange and share their adventures.
The design of the architects was inspired by the surrounding forest:
– The Léopold-Papineau represents the heart of the tree ;
– The activities, the cabins and the assemblies reflect the growth circle rings ;
– Finally, the bark represents the Regional Park of Devil’s Mountain which encircles everything, making the bark its natural protector.
The pavilion’s amenities:
- Welcome centre
- Equipment rental
- Community kitchen (stove, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, pots and pans, utensils, dish towels)
- Women’s and men’s washrooms with 3 shower stalls each ($)
- Washing machine and dryer ($)
- Large multifunctional room (meetings, dining room, fireplace…)
- Ski waxing and bike maintenance room
- Outdoor porches for relaxing
- Esplanade with fire pit site
- On the shores of lac de la Montagne
Access to the Léopold-Papineau Pavilion remains open even when the Welcome office is closed. On days when the office is closed, there is an honour box for payment located at the Pavilion’s front door for access fees and trail maps. Please note that due to certain weather conditions, the opening hours of the Welcome Centre may change. We’ll keep you posted through our Facebook page.
Share your adventure
The multifunctional room is the ideal place to share your mountain park experiences, whether it be in summer, looking out on the lake or in winter, snuggling up beside the fireplace, taking a break and keeping warm.
It’s also a meeting place for like-minded outdoor enthusiasts and any family, corporative or educational events.
With a projection screen, 60 in. Del television, cordless microphone and speakers, you’ll be able to program on a successful event.